Wednesday, January 17, 2007

We always have a choice.

In life we made alot of choices, infact we make choices all the time. The fact that you are reading this, is also a choice you made.

When we have choices, we feels that we are more empowered and happy, we feels that we can choose what is more comfortable to ourselves. When we have no choice in something we do, we feels that the sky is falling down on us, unhappy, and demoralized. Some of us may even feel being victimized by the situation.

The power to choose influence deeply in our life, how we look at the world, how we react to the choice and most important of all, how ourselves are being treated by ourselves and the environment.

Yet, most of us do not understand that when we say we have no choice, we ARE actually making a choice. Most people just simply believes that when they have no choice, they in fact have no choice.

Here I would like to share something about choices we have when we say we have no choice.

We always like to say this "I have no choice, I have to ......". But is that really true? Not quite. Why? Ok, lets do it this way. Think of what consequences that may happen if you have to do A but you are not doing it. Therefore :

If I don't do A, I will B
If I don't do B, I will C
.
.
.
If I don't do y, I will Z.
Z being the worst possible scenario that could happened.

Then u ask your self.. Would you want Z to happen? Surely, no, right? So, You would rather do A than have Z. And there you go, you have just made a choice, and a good one. You still don't see it? YOU HAVE JUST CHOOSE A OVER Z.

Thus, when you say "I have to do it, I have no choice", you have in fact made a choice. And it was the best choice that you can made under that circumstances.

If you are able to think in this paradigm, you will always feel happy and empowered. Why? Simple, because you have a choice.

We always have a choice.

No comments: